21st March 2015 – In some ways the arrival of March 20th 2015 brings with it some great things to look forward to, as it is the start of spring. The days are getting longer the amount of hours of sunshine should start to increase. The temperature will gradually rise, lambs will be bleating in our fields and the chocolate heaven of Easter is just around the corner. The arrival of spring also signifies the time of year when rubber gloves should be applied and a whole heap of elbow grease to be used.
A good clear out of all that clutter can help lead to a clearer mind. If you only ever do one major clean a year, then you will probably feel like you are being buried alive in your office at this time of year.
- With the daylight hours on the increase now is a great time to get those office windows clean so you can appreciate the extra light.
- Think of the environment and recycle paper, bottles, cardboard etc.
- Your office is no different from your home and you will need to work on those forgotten areas. Pay attention to the skirting boards, joints, walls, frames etc.
- Keep only what you need. De-clutter your surfaces. Archive any old documents etc. Shred and recycle any unwanted documents.
- Sort out that catch-all draw. I’m certain virtually everybody has one draw where they shove everything in. Organising your desk can help keep your work organized.
- Having a total office spring clean then you should streamline your desktop icons, file documents into the correct folders and delete any unneeded files. Make sure your passwords are all in place and this is a good time of year to change them.
- Give your workstation and other areas of the office a thorough disinfecting. Kill the germs and help stave off infections from spreading throughout the office.
- Dust all the office. Try to make sure that not many employees are present for this part and the air will fill with the particles and reduce the air quality. Don’t just do the obvious places; remember the top of door frames and pictures. The best time to time to have a thorough dust off is when everyone has just left the office and won’t be returning for a day or two to allow all the dust particles to settle.
Not sure you want to lead the big old spring clean? Call us today on 0800 6891795.